Believe it or not scopes for air rifles and pellet guns need to be well constructed because of the recoil. The spring actions and/or gas actions of most break barrels will generate some quick recoil forces. It will destroy most cheap scopes.
So what is a good scope for a powerful air rilfe or pellet gun like the Gamo Hornet Maxxim or Gamo Fusion Pro?
….The UTG 3-9 x 32 mm Bugbuster Scope.
UTG makes some really good quality rifle scopes and they do hold up to the recoil of air rifles. The UTG 3-9 x 32 mm Bugbuster is a great scope for pellet guns and air rifles.
Here are the specifications:
- Inch Tube with Emerald Coating for Maximum Light Transmission
- Premium Zero Lockable & Resettable Turrets with 1/4 MOA Per Click Adjustment
- Range Estimating Mil-dot Reticle for Optimal Aiming and Shooting Performance
- Adjustable Objective from 3 Yards to Infinity
- Red/Green Dual Illumination for Versatile Applications
- Large Field of View and Most Accommodating Eye Relief for Optimum Critical CQB Mission
- 2″ Sunshade
- High Quality Flip-open Lens Caps and Quick-detachable Rings
- Built on True Strength Platform
- Completely Sealed and Nitrogen Filled
- Shockproof, Fog proof and Rainproof
The UTG BugBuster 3-9 x scope is a real bargain at under $80. If you are interested in a good 3-9 power scope for your air rifle or pellet gun then check it out here….UTG 3-9×32 mm BugBuster AO, RGB Mil Dot and QD Rings at Amazon.com
I just received my Gamo Hornet Maxxim air rifle and so I’m writing a thorough review on it. Lot’s of people say the scope is a piece of crap.
Let’s check it out…
The Gamo 3-9×40 mm scope is made in China but it doesn’t feel cheap. It’s actually quite heavy and feels pretty solid.
Here are the contents of the Gamo scope box. You get scope, lens covers, info booklet, pre-mounted rings, lint cloth and hex tool.
Here’s a closer view. The rings come pre-mounted and checked out to be tight and mounted correctly.
This is a closeup of the rings/mount. It’s very heavy duty and sturdy. Definitely not cheaply made.
Here’s a bottom view of the rings/rail type mount. It has 3 hex bolts that fasten the mount to the rail/base on the Gamo Hornet Maxxim. You can see the recoil bolt on the left. This fits in a hole on the rail so recoil does not move the scope mount.
Rings were tight and installed properly with a slight gap between upper and lower rings.
The eye piece features a magnification dial and focus adjustments. The lens was clear and in focus.
Hex keys are the best type of bolts for scope mounts. The tighten really well without stripping.
Here it is…Gamo 3-9×40 mm scope mounted. I tightened the 3 hex bolts as per the instructions…tighten the center and then the ends.
Closeup of the heavy duty scope mount rings and base. Now it’s time to sight it in.
Most air rifles and pellet guns come with really cheap scopes. They will be hard to sight in and will not hold a zero. In order to squeeze out the best accuracy and be successful at hunting, you will need to buy a separate scope.
So what’s the best scope for an air rifle or pellet gun?
UTG 4×32 AO, Mil-Dot w/ air gun rings. And it’s under $60!
It’s a 4 power scope that is RELIABLE and will hold a zero for a very long time.
UTG 4×32 Scope Specifications:
- Built on True Strength Platform, Completely Sealed and Nitrogen Filled, Shockproof, Fogproof and Rainproof
- Premium Finger Adjustable Target Turrets with the Most Consistent and Precise 1/4 MOA per Click Windage/Elevation Adjustment
- Mil-dot Range Estimating Reticle for the Most Optimal Aiming and Shooting Performance
- Parallax Adjustable from 5 Yards Close Range to Infinity
- Complete with Medium Profile .22/Airgun Rings and High Quality Flip-open Lens Caps
If you are looking for a good inexpensive reliable scope for your pellet gun, then check this scope out….UTG 4×32 AO, Mil-Dot Scope w/ air rings at Amazon.com